Website JK Architecture Engineering
Enriching the Human Experience.
Minimum Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Minimum Experience: 10+ Years
Required Amount of Travel: 0-10%
At JK Architecture Engineering, we believe that lifestyle and great design go hand-in-hand. With three offices in California (Auburn, Truckee-Tahoe and San Jose) and one office in Nevada (Reno), we are strategically grounded in locations that offer our team various levels of projects that challenge the intellect as well as provide opportunity to deliver innovative design and engineering solutions. If you decide to practice the art of Architecture or Engineering with JKAE, you will be joining an award-winning team while simultaneously enjoying the beautiful Sierra Nevada or Bay Area. We are community-oriented and family-focused. If you are looking to join a great firm, work with a staff that is energetic and motivated, and seek excellent benefits, JKAE is the place for you. We would be excited to review your qualifications if you feel you are a match for this position.
An immediate full-time position is open in our San Jose office for a Managing Principal and Market Sector leadership role with a primary focus on our LEARN sector. Candidates must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team. This position is responsible for directing functions of our San Jose office operations, maintaining regular interaction with senior representatives of current and prospective clients, overseeing all client relations, providing strategic leadership, meeting financial goals, project performance and team performance, and overall client satisfaction. The Managing Principal will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of services, development of culture and execution of processes. This is an on site position.
- Lead, guide, mentor and participate in the professional development of staff.
- Monitoring and advising on all issues related to quality control, office standards, scheduling workflow and overseeing project managers and staff.
- Provide creative direction to design teams.
- Build, nurture and grow client relationships.
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts.
- Assist in the design documentation process working directly with Project Managers and other designers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and experience in coordinating with architectural team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- California licensure in Architecture, with 10-15 or more years of relevant architectural work experience
- California educational architectural design experience through all design phases preferred with understanding and knowledge of the Division of the State Architect’s office (DSA).
- Superior leadership skills with the ability to self-manage
- Design skills that will engage with our IMAGINE | DESIGN | BUILD studio approach.
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations, including ADA and Title 24 a plus.
- Experience with Sustainable design. LEED AP a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Effective written, graphic, and oral communication skills.
Actual offered salary for this position varies, depending on candidate’s qualification, education, position knowledge, work experience, skills, ability, work location, and internal incumbent compensation for similar roles. We do not anticipate individuals hired into this position will start at or near the top half of the range listed; the decision will be based on each individual case. Salary range listed does not include other compensation elements such as discretionary bonus opportunities, paid time off, medical insurance, and other wage and benefit opportunities.