Like most e-commerce websites, each time you visit the Site, AIA Silicon Valley will automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, AIA Silicon Valley uses your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
Information AIA Silicon Valley Collects From You
In order to operate the Site and provide you with information on products and services that may be of interest to you, we may collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you such as full name, postal address, billing address, phone number and email address), financial information (e.g. passwords, credit and debit card numbers and bank and other financial institution account numbers) and demographic information (occupation, gender, purchase history information and age) from you. Please note that nowhere on the Site do we knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Information Other Web Sites Collect From You
AIA Silicon Valley uses your personal information to efficiently perform registrations on the Site, to deliver the services you have requested, to contact you when necessary in connection with events for which you registered on the Site (including event confirmations, changes and cancellations), and to send you information, offers and other promotional materials from AIA Silicon Valley and selected third parties. AIA Silicon Valley carefully selects the information sent to you and attempts to send you offers that are of value to you, such as discounts, exclusive offers or special event information. The Site provides you with the option of declining to receive offers from AIA Silicon Valley by “opting-out” of receiving this type of communication. To process transactions on the Site, AIA Silicon Valley may share your personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide AIA Silicon Valley with support services such as authorization of credit card transactions, order fulfillment, promotional fulfillment, and other services. We require these entities not to use your information for any other purpose.
By completing a registration form so that you are able to attend an event, you consent (i.e., you opt-in) to us sharing your personal information with the venues, promoters, artists, teams, leagues and other third parties associated with that event (“Event Partners”). AIA Silicon Valley cannot offer you a separate opportunity to opt-out, or not to consent, to AIA Silicon Valley sharing your personal information with them. Event Partners may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies, and may consequently use your personal information to contact you and may share your personal information with others. You will need to contact those Event Partners who contact you to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them.
By purchasing, or making reservations for, products or services (such as magazine subscriptions, hotel bookings or cruises), electing to receive communications (such as emails) or electing to participate in, or register for, contests, sweepstakes, or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), if any, offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site, you consent to AIA Silicon Valley providing your personal information to those third parties, and you agree that AIA Silicon Valley is not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those third parties may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies, and may consequently use your personal information to contact you and may share your personal information with others. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. Additionally, you agree that AIA Silicon Valley will have the right to use and disclose all such information submitted by you for such third party offers in the same manner in which AIA Silicon Valley uses and discloses all other information submitted by you for offers sponsored by AIA Silicon Valley.
We may select third parties with whom AIA Silicon Valley will share your personal information so that they can communicate directly with you about their products and services. AIA Silicon Valley attempts to carefully select these third parties and the specific offers they intend to communicate to you so that you will receive valuable offers.
Your personal information may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets, or a bankruptcy of AIA Silicon Valley. AIA Silicon Valley may also disclose specific information when AIA Silicon Valley determines that such disclosure is necessary to comply with law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of AIA Silicon Valley or other visitors to the Site or users of services or products provided by AIA Silicon Valley. AIA Silicon Valley may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiary and parent companies and businesses, and other affiliated legal entities and businesses with whom, if any, AIA Silicon Valley are under common corporate control.
AIA Silicon Valley uses your financial information to check your qualifications, to bill you for products and services and to enable you to participate in discount, rebate and similar programs in which you may elect to participate. By making a purchase, or engaging in any other kind of activity that uses financial information, on the Site, you consent to our providing your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine is necessary to process your transactions, as well as to your credit card issuer for their purposes. These third parties may include the credit card companies and banking institutions used to process the transaction. Also, depending on the circumstances of AIA Silicon Valley’s arrangements, AIA Silicon Valley may share your financial information with applicable Event Partners, primarily for facilitating “will call” ticket pick up and dispute resolution and customer service at the event venue on the date of the event.
By purchasing, or making reservations for, products or services of third parties (such as magazine subscriptions, hotel bookings or cruises) offered on the Site, or by participating in programs offered on the Site that are administered by third parties requiring you to submit financial information in order to use them, you also consent to AIA Silicon Valley providing your financial information to those third parties. Any of these various third parties are authorized to use your financial information in accordance with AIA Silicon Valley’s contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which AIA Silicon Valley has no control. When AIA Silicon Valley provides financial information pertaining to a transaction, AIA Silicon Valley may also provide payment information pertaining to that transaction, such as amount of money paid or types of payment methods used.
AIA Silicon Valley uses demographic information to tailor the Site and communications to the interests of its users. AIA Silicon Valley may share your personal and demographic information with our Event Partners. AIA Silicon Valley may share anonymous, aggregated (grouped) demographic information with advertisers and other third parties so that they can tailor their advertisements and communications to the appropriate audience. If you consent to have AIA Silicon Valley share, or AIA Silicon Valley is otherwise allowed to share, your personal information, as described above, then the demographic information that AIA Silicon Valley provides to third parties may be linked to your personal information so that they will be able to know about your demographic information on a non-anonymous basis.
The Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under AIA Silicon Valley control. AIA Silicon Valley’s secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. AIA Silicon Valley encrypts all of your personal and financial information as it travels over the Internet and AIA Silicon Valley stores your financial information on our servers in encrypted form. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside, and the country or jurisdiction in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in your country or jurisdiction.
Updating Your Personal Information
When you register for an event on the Site or complete a purchase transaction on the Site, AIA Silicon Valley will either give you the opportunity to set certain email preferences at the place where you register or make the purchase, or AIA Silicon Valley will automatically set certain email preferences for you. After AIA Silicon Valley collects personal information that you submit in connection with purchasing or reserving products or services, electing to receive communications or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site, or registering with the Site, AIA Silicon Valley may use such information to send you marketing emails. However, if AIA Silicon Valley does so, such emails will contain a link that you can click on to opt-out of receiving subsequent marketing emails sent by AIA Silicon Valley generated from the same such information. AIA Silicon Valley also gives you the opportunity to opt-out and modify information you have provided at anytime by contacting AIA Silicon Valley.
The following is a partial list of Content that is illegal or prohibited on or through the AIA Silicon Valley Services. AIA Silicon Valley.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in AIA Silicon Valley.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the AIA Silicon Valley Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that:
- is patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; or
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading, or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the AIA Silicon Valley.com Website and through your use of the AIA Silicon Valley Services. AIA Silicon Valley.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in AIA Silicon Valley.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the AIA Silicon Valley Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the AIA Silicon Valley Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, AIA Silicon Valley.com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails or postings which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which AIA Silicon Valley.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the AIA Silicon Valley Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to AIA Silicon Valley.com, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay AIA Silicon Valley.com $50 for each such unsolicited message or communication you send through the AIA Silicon Valley Services;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any AIA Silicon Valley.com page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the AIA Silicon Valley Services or the networks or services connected to the AIA Silicon Valley Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the AIA Silicon Valley Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the AIA Silicon Valley Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
- using the AIA Silicon Valley Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of AIA Silicon Valley.com to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to AIA Silicon Valley.com by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the AIA Silicon Valley Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the AIA Silicon Valley Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. AIA Silicon Valley.com’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at director (at) aiasiliconvalley (dot) org.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other AIA Silicon Valley.com Members. AIA Silicon Valley.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
AIA Silicon Valley.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the AIA Silicon Valley.com Website or in connection with the AIA Silicon Valley Services, whether caused by Users of the AIA Silicon Valley Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the AIA Silicon Valley Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the AIA Silicon Valley Website may contain links to other websites. AIA Silicon Valley.com is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by AIA Silicon Valley.com. Inclusion of any linked website on the AIA Silicon Valley Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by AIA Silicon Valley.com. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. AIA Silicon Valley.com takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this AIA Silicon Valley Website or through the AIA Silicon Valley Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. AIA Silicon Valley.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the AIA Silicon Valley Services. AIA Silicon Valley.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. AIA Silicon Valley.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the AIA Silicon Valley Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the AIA Silicon Valley Services. Under no circumstances shall AIA Silicon Valley.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the AIA Silicon Valley Services, attendance at a AIA Silicon Valley.com event, from any Content posted on or through the AIA Silicon Valley Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the AIA Silicon Valley Services, whether online or offline. The AIA Silicon Valley Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and AIA Silicon Valley.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. AIA Silicon Valley.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the AIA Silicon Valley Services.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL AIA Silicon Valley.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF AIA Silicon Valley.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, AIA Silicon Valley.COM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO AIA Silicon Valley.COM FOR THE AIA Silicon Valley SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
You agree to indemnify and hold AIA Silicon Valley.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the AIA Silicon Valley Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the AIA Silicon Valley Website or through the AIA Silicon Valley Services causes AIA Silicon Valley.com to be liable to another.
Fees. In any action at law, whether in court or in arbitration, that is brought by one of the parties to this Agreement to enforce or interpret the provisions of this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the AIA Silicon Valley.com Website or any of the AIA Silicon Valley Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and AIA Silicon Valley.com regarding the use of the AIA Silicon Valley Services. The failure of AIA Silicon Valley.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. AIA Silicon Valley.com is a trademark of Desha Productions, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.