Call for Submissions
Deadline: April 1, 2023 at 4:00pm
Home Tours Date: June 3, 2023
View the Submission Guidelines and Download the Homeowners Agreement Form.
The selection criteria will include (and are not be limited to):
- Completed application
- Unique design solutions, quality of craftsmanship, innovative use of materials.
- Sustainable design is not a requirement although it will be considered a significant advantage.
- Homes should be substantially complete and furnished one month prior to the Home Tour date. Preference will be given to houses that are furnished, occupied, and landscaped by the date of submission.
- Logical feasibility for the tour, including (and not limited to):
- Access to the project location.
- Priority for projects within Santa Clara County, however residences that fall outside the boundary lines will be considered.
- Circulation route (how the public will navigate through the space)
- Available parking
- Location in relation to the other homes on the tour
- Signed Owner Agreement
Project submissions that include an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) are especially welcomed this year. The Home Tours Committee will review the submissions and will visit homes over a one to two day period within two weeks from the close of submissions to determine the recommendations for the Home Tours. These recommendations will be presented to the AIA Silicon Valley Executive Committee for final approval.
Important 2023 Dates:
April 1 at 4:00 PM Application Deadline
April 8 – April 16 Project Site Visits
April 21 Notification of selected architects
Early May Mandatory in-person architect meeting
May 17, 6:00 PM -8:00 PM Home Tour’s Architects Forum
Late May Volunteer docent training
June 3, 2023 PM Home Tours
* NOTE: All dates/times are subject to change and will be in coordination with the architects and homeowners. Additional dates/times may be added as needed. Participants will be notified by email. Timeline to successfully prepare for our Home Tours depends on everyone’s cooperation and participation. If you do not believe you have the resources to assist in marketing and promoting your home, if chosen, please consider not submitting it. It takes a village!