future of the architectural profession resides with the next generation of architects. The AIA Silicon Valley Scholarship program has three scholarships available for students who meet legal residence requirements and are currently enrolled in an
undergraduate or graduate program leading to a career in architecture.
The scholarship committee, board of directors, and members at large feel a student's decision to study architecture should be determined by talent and perseverance and not limited by financial status.
Click to see the full description or make a payment to the AIA Silicon Valley scholarships:
Application and Criteria
AIA Silicon Valley Scholarship Schedule - 2020
|Due to the COVID-19 shelter in place directive, the application deadline has been extended to May 1, 2020
- February 7th - Scholarship program opens
- May 1st - Scholarship Deadline, all Scholarship Applications must be submitted by 5PM
- Early May - Scholarship Submission Reviews
- Late May - Scholarship Finalist Candidates Live Interviews
- Early June - Scholarship Winners Notified
- Chapter Meeting with Scholarship Evening Celebration to be announced
Verify your application complies with the criteria of the scholarship's fund. Click to read the eligibility requirements.
Applications are required to include:
- Portfolio of work. Graphic materials that demonstrate the applicant’s design abilities. The submitter shall represent the independent work of the applicant. Portfolios become the property of AIA Silicon Valley and its contents may be used to
promote the AIA Silicon Valley's scholarship program. Please provide PowerPoint or PDF slides that demonstrate the evolution of your design studies. Max file size: 24MB. TIP: Your portfolio should represent the design evolution of your studies. Include renderings, sketches, paintings, drawings, sculptures, and school work.
- Written statement of personal goals as pertaining to your interest in architecture. Not to exceed one page.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or practicing professional architects. The letters need to be on letterhead, signed, and specific
to this application.
- Proof of enrollment in a collegiate institution offering course work in Architecture, including academic transcripts and/or the degree program acceptance letter.
- Completed “Applicant Information” online form (button below) needs to also be included with the portfolio.
Deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM, May 1, 2020
Selection of finalists shall be based on the merits of submitted portfolio and materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Finalists must be available for a live 30-minute interview scheduled in late April. Final awards shall be made after interviews with the finalist. Award winners will be notified in early May.
The Scholarship Award Celebration (date to be announced) as a part of a Chapter Meeting. It is our goal to have all the scholarship recipients available to attend this event.
If you have any questions about the AIA Silicon Valley's scholarships, please contact us at 408.298.0611 firstname.lastname@example.org.