Become a Member of AIA Silicon Valley
The American Institute of Architects is the voice of the architectural profession and the resource for its members in service to society. We welcome you to join AIA Silicon Valley and become a part of the largest organization representing architects and the architectural profession. The AIA is a three-tiered organization, when you join as an Architect or Associate you will become a member of all three levels - Local, State, and National.
Align your passion with your purpose. Join AIA today!
Architect (AIA) Member
Individuals currently licensed to practice architecture from a U.S. State or Territory.
Emeritus Architect Member
Any Architect member may apply for Emeritus status who has been in good standing in the Institute for fifteen (15) successive years immediately prior to his or her application, and either (i) has attained the age of 70, and is retired from the profession of architecture, or (ii) is so incapacitated as to be unable to work in the profession.
This membership is free charge.
Associate (Assoc. AIA)
Associate AIA membership is open to individuals not licensed to practice architecture but who meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a Professional degree in architecture
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect
- Participate in career responsibilities recognized by licensing authorities as constituting credit toward licensure (i.e. interns)
- Faculty member in a university program in architecture
International Associate (Int'l Assoc. AIA)
Individuals who hold an architecture license or equivalent from a non-U.S. licensing authority, but do not hold a U.S. architectural license.
Open to individuals working in fields related to the practice of architecture. Anyone who has an interest and supports the local architects and the field of architecture. This is a local only membership, State and National memberships are available but you must contact AIACC and AIA directly.
- Dues: $415 (Local Only)
- Return your application to AIA Silicon Valley with your complete payment.
For more detailed information, go to our Professional Affiliate Page.
AIA Silicon Valley created a unique category of membership aimed at unlicensed professionals. This category recognizes that it is in the long-term interest of the profession and this Chapter to encourage AIA membership for younger professionals, and the cost of membership dues is often a deterrent.
Unlicensed individuals working toward licensure qualify for a Basic Membership but are limited to three year duration from date of application
- Dues: $104 (Local Only)
- Please contact the office for more information
Benefits to an AIA Silicon Valley Basic Membership
- Free attendance at Monthly Chapter Programs (dinner meetings excluded)
- Opportunities to participate in Chapter Committees
- Access to the AIA Silicon Valley Library which includes study materials
Open to students currently studying architecture or an affiliated major such as interior design, landscape architecture, engineering or another allied discpline.
Benefits to become a AIA Silicon Valley Student Affiliate
- AIA Silicon Valley Student Affiliate Members have the opportunity to network and connect with industry professionals through a wide variety of local events, chapter meetings, and panel discussions.
- Student members will be able to attend monthly chapter events and lunch and learns for free with paid membership.
- Student members will receive information on volunteer opportunities for larger events, such as the Architectural Intelligence conference, Design Awards, and Home Tours.
- Discount pricing on signature events.
Apply for membership
If you are currently a member of another chapter, and AIA Silicon Valley Chapter would be a better fit for you, you can transfer your chapter membership. Membership is based on your home or work address, so either address should be located in Santa Clara County. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-298-0611 to get started.