Who, What & Why?
The Silicon Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects is a professional organization incorporated on August 10, 1955 that serves the local architect, promotes architecture and the built environment within the Chapter’s boundaries.
We provide resources to the community for professional development and education, and serve as a vital link to local professionals, as well as other Chapter components of the AIA.
Organizationally, the Chapter is a local membership organization incorporated as a 501(c)6 Non-Profit Corporation and guided by the laws of the State of California.
The AIA is the VOICE of the architectural profession and the RESOURCE for its members in service to society.
Why AIA Silicon Valley?
- Provides its membership with convenient access to local, state and national resources.
- Creates a framework for education, networking and socialization.
- Enhances the quality of its work and its professional lives.
- Facilitates communication among its members.
- Provides a knowledge resource to the community.
- Provides a forum for advocacy within the community.
- Promotes the longevity and prosperity of the architecture profession.
- Celebrates its members’ successes and its value to the community.