Website Bartos Architecture, Inc.
Minimum Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Minimum Experience: 2-5 Years
Required Amount of Travel: 10%-25%
A Purpose Driven Career
Our clients support our Good Works. If you want to work in a place that is committed to using our skills to help those in need, please give us a call.
If you are in architecture and want to contribute and help lead a team engaged in projects that are good for society, please read on.
Our firm has a key requirement for any of our work. “Does this project meet our goal of making the world better?” We specialize in providing full services to California Public K12 school districts and other governmental (civic) agencies.
Email Mark Bartos, Architect at [email protected]
please include resume with your email or call 650-759-5171.
Salary for this position is negotiable based on your experience.
- Full health care plan includes dental and vision.
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Disability Plan
- Earned Paid Time of up to three weeks
- 12 Paid Holidays (for any employee contributing 32 hours per wk)
- 16 hours of Paid volunteer time. You volunteer for a good cause, we pay you.
- License Fee Paid by Firm
- NCARB Fee Paid by Firm
- Exam Fees Paid by Firm
- AIA Membership (or other) Paid by Firm
- 50% of Public Transportation cost Paid by Firm
World Headquarters in San Mateo, California and a satellite office in in Portland Oregon
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Mateo. 300 8th Avenue, Suite 202:
We are walking distance from CalTrain. Our office is right above Dojo Ramen, across the street from Charlie’s Taqueria, around the corner from Golden 9th Deli, down the street from Ravioli house, across the street from Sibby’s cupcakes, and next door to Alfredo’s auto repair shop. Downtown San Mateo has a LOT to offer.
- Knowledge of California Building Code, Construction / design practices, especially in relation to Public / School facilities
- Preferred 5 years of experience in California K12 public schools.
- If you have a commitment to public work and are interested in learning about school facilities, we will train you. we are a"school of architecture"
- Preferred, Not required, if you have the right experience
- Architect: (Licensed in California). OR demonstrate progress towards licensure and intent to gain licensure.
Role/Tasks (this list is not all inclusive)
- Manage development of construction documents
- Manage Consultants
- Manage agencies (especially DSA)
- Interface with Clients
- Design. Facilitate rendering development as needed
- Construction Drawings
- Project Manuals, Specifications and Front Ends
- Construction Administration Services
- Develop Project Proposals / Contracts
- Manage project (fees and progress)
- Develop Project Cost Estimates
- Ability to fully communicate.
- Open and Collaborative Team Member.
- We are looking for leaders
- Hand sketching is a highly desired skill
- AutoCAD : Proficient
- Bluebeam: Proficient.
- Revit: Appreciated but not required
- Adobe (InDesign/Illustrator) a big plus but not required
- Sketchup a big plus, but not required. (ability to work with team)
- California Building Code knowledge proficient